Preparation strategy, tips and plan for CDS Examination 2016
Preparation strategy to Crack CDSE 2016
CDS is commonly known as Common Defense Services. It is a test that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in year. This test is mainly conducted to recruit the candidates for Indian Military Academy, officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The interested students can have the notification regarding the examination in the month of October and June. The exams held in the month of February and November respectively.
Eligibility for CDSE
- The unmarried graduate candidates can only apply for the examination.
- There are certain age limits for CDS regarding the academies. The candidates need to be under the age for applying in it:
Indian Military Academy-19-24 years
Air Force Academy-19-23 years
Naval Academy-19-22 years
Officers’ Training Academy-19-25 years.
- Students need to have IMA & OTA degree of a recognized university or equivalent.
- If the candidate is willing to become part of Naval Academy, he needs to have graduation in BSc. in Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engg.
- If the candidate wants to be the part of Air Force
Academy, he needs to have B.Sc. with physics or mathematics or bachelor of Egg.
- Candidates appearing at the degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to apply. Such candidates will be required to submit their proof of passing the requisite qualifying examination by a date to be specified in the Commission’s Notice for the Examination.
SYLLABUS for CDS Recruitment
The paper is consisting of objective questions. The 3 major subjects are:-
1- English – 100 marks
2- General knowledge – 100 marks
3- Elementary mathematics- 100 marks
For Officers’ Training Academy through CDS
The paper is consisting of objective questions. The major 2 subjects are:-
- English- 100 marks
- General knowledge- 100 marks
CDS preparation tips, and plan for theory and interview:-
1- New start-Give yourself a new start and after knowing the syllabus just follows simple steps, take up all the topics from the very initial part. Try to consider books of NCERT.
2- Maintain discipline- when you have decided that you want to crack CDS then you must a make routine and follow it with discipline. Everyday read newspaper and try to consider English one because it will help you to increase your vocabulary, will enhance your fluency in English and also your this habit will help you to be updated with the G.S.
3- Study material- you must need to understand that if you take up the knowledge from the very basics it will help you more. You must consider books of NCERT; they are quite useful from the competition purpose. There are also many books in the market which are mainly designed for these competitions only, consider those books well.
4- Guideline – take guidelines from your expert teacher and if you find them being insufficient to solve your problem then guys it’s time to go back to coaching which will help you.
5- Time management – when you have studied all the topics then you must need to follow one more thing i.e. the time management, you will be having certain time in your hand so you also need to learn how to manage it. The best trick for this is to solve question papers of back years. This will help you to check yourself and will improve your pace.
6- Build up confidence- after the written test the procedure is not over, for SSB you need to have skills and a peculiar personality. You must build up your confidence level which will help you to present yourself in front of the selection team as a mature personality. They will check your skills and how easily you solve an abrupt or instant problem, so for that you have confidence which will help you present yourself in a different manner.
Following are recommended study materials & sources to prepare for CDS online:
Study plans/Free material From http://mrunal.org/cds
- General Awareness/GK Paper: studyplan, free material, previous cutoffs, physical standards
- Maths Paper: Number System, Quadratic Equations, Surds, Indices, Linear Equation (Part 1 of 3)
- Maths Paper: Percentages, profit-loss, Simple,Compound Interest rate,Time,Speed,Distance,Work and Statistics (part 2 of 3)
- Maths Paper: Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Area, Volume, Perimeter (Part 3 of 3)
- SSB Interviews: Dos and don’t, Tips, suggestions
We hope above information will assist you into cracking CDS Examination 2016. If you have any question, query or suggestion comment below or you can also comment ot message on our Facebook Page