CDS Examination 2016: Eligibility, SYLLABUS, For Officers’ Training Academy
What is CDS?
CDS is commonly known as Common Defence Services. It is a test that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in year. This test is mainly conducted to recruit the candidates for Indian Military Academy, officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The interested students can have the notification regarding the examination in the month of October and June. The exams held in the month of February and November respectively.
Eligibility Criteria for CDS Examination 2016
The unmarried graduate candidates can only apply for the examination.
- There are certain age limits regarding the academies. The candidates need to be under the age for applying in it-
Indian Military Academy-19-24 years, Air Force Academy-19-23 years, Naval Academy-19-22 years, Officers’ Training Academy-19-25 years.
- Students need to have IMA & OTA degree of a recognized university or equivalent.
- If the candidate is willing to become part of Naval Academy, he needs to have graduation in BSc. in Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engg.
- If the candidate wants to be the part of Air Force Academy, he needs to have B.Sc. with physics or mathematics or bachelor of Egg.
- Candidates appearing at the degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to apply. Such candidates will be required to submit their proof of passing the requisite qualifying examination by a date to be specified in the Commission’s Notice for the Examination.
SYLLABUS for CDS Examination
The paper is consisting of objective questions. The 3 major subjects are:-
1- English – 100 marks
2- General knowledge – 100 marks
3- Elementary mathematics- 100 marks
For Officers’ Training Academy
The paper is consisting of objective questions. The major 2 subjects are:-
1- English- 100 marks
2- General knowledge- 100 marks
The candidates after the written test are called for the interview by Services Selection Board where they undergo various physical and mental tests to check their capacity whether they are the army material or not. The SSB interview last for approximately for a week.
Apart from SSB, the Air Force academy candidates are tested for PABT. After these tests, candidates undergone medical examination before they are finally admitted into the above-mentioned academies, and after successful completion of training, they are inducted into the armed forces.
An adventurous career
The Academies offers very exciting and adventurous career for both men and women. They get the chance to explore more as their training leads them to the several places. The Academies don’t only give money but they also provide respect with certain experiences. The adventurous part of the career only ensures that which candidates are suitable for the posts. The system of selection is based on the “trait theory” of leadership which says that every leader must have some specific and predetermined leadership traits. The candidates also undergo various mental test to ensure that their capable of getting into the Academy or not. Though, the interview is very exhaustive for every candidate.
Now, this time CDS-2, means the second exam of the year is about to held up in the month of October. The candidates will be able to take their admit card from the official website upsconline.nic.in.